I know it doesn’t make sense for me to post Mexican themed recipes at this time of year since we’ve past Cinco De Mayo but nonetheless, I feel this would make a wonderful barbeque salad in the summer. A lot of Mexican recipes consists of bean and I intentionally leave them out because I am not too particularly crazy for them. I include a small jalapeno pepper to add some acidity to the salad but if you don’t like anything spicy, you can omit that. I borrowed the recipe idea from this link:
My recipe does not involve much cooking though. Its simple,quick, and more time saving in my opinion.
You will need:
- 2 cups of fresh corn cooked and chilled (about 4 ears)
- 1 small red onion chopped
- 2/3 cup of chopped red bell pepper
- 1 3/4 cups thinly sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeño pepper (optional)
- 1 Tsp of mayonnaise
- 1 tsp of pepper
- 1 tsp of dried cilantro or 1 Tsp of fresh chopped cilantro
- 1/2 tsp of chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
Mix corn, red bell pepper, and onion in a salad bowl. Combined the mayonnaise with the seasoning and blend well. Toss the dressing with the salad well. Refrigerate for 2 hours and serve!!