During the brutal summer months, we try to eat chilled foods to stay refreshed. I enjoy this particular soup because it’s healthy, simple, and quick. What I primarily like most about this recipe is that it doesn’t require any usage of electricity except for the blender. I could still stay in the kitchen without tolerating the heat! Cucumbers are considered cooling and the avocado makes a creamy but healthy supplement. I use dairy yogurt for this recipe but you have the option to use soy yogurt as well. I like the refreshing flavor that mint leaves add to the soup and it exude the rest of the ingredients. The more chilled it is, the better it tastes!
- 1 small red onion chopped and diced
- 2 large/ 4 small cucumbers peeled and chopped
- 1 red pepper cubed
- 4 cups of low fat/ skim yogurt (dairy or soy)
- 1 large Haas Avocado peel removed and pitted
- ½ tsp sea salt or to taste
- ½ tsp of ground black pepper
- 1/3 tsp of cumin
1 Tbs lemon juice
- 1 tsp of dill weed / 1 Tbs of fresh dill
- 1 Tbs of chopped fresh mint (optional)
Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor. Blend well till all ingredients are dissolved. Slowly add some milk if the soup mixture is too thick. Transfer ingredients to a pot and chill in the fridge for approximately 2 hours. Serve cold.
Preparation 3 minutes Serves 6