The sweet and smokey flavor of these potatoes is very tantalizing to the taste buds. Add a little spice for that extra heat. With very few ingredients, amateurs can’t go wrong with this recipe. This side dish is a healthy alternative to french fries. These roasted potatoes make a great accompaniment with my BBQ chicken (a recipe to be published along with a barbeque sauce in the very near future). If you can’t beat the heat, a good barbeque will do the trick! Prior to roasting potatoes, its important to wash the skin very well.
For this recipe, you will need:
- 3 large red potatoes quartered
- 3 large sweet potatoes quartered
- 1 large onion halved (do not remove peal till after roasted)
- 6 -8 garlic cloves (do not remove the peel till after roasted)
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 teaspoons of brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 teaspoon of chili powder
- 1 tablespoon of fresh rosemary chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground pepper and sea salt
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. In a bowl, combined potatoes,onion,and garlic. Season with spices and drizzle with oil. Toss well till completely coated. Transfer potato mixture to a roasting pan and roast for an hour or until potatoes are golden brown and tender in the middle.
Yields 4-6 servings