I absolutely love peppers. I used them in salads, dips, side dishes, and even in main courses. I used to snack on pepper slices among other things. And I particularly enjoy using a variety of peppers. They add vibrancy and contrast of flavors. The flavors of each pepper vary depending on their color. For instance, yellow and orange peppers peppers tend to have a sweet aftertaste while green peppers have more of a bitter flavor. This recipe is very easy to put together. I even include a balsamic lemon thyme vinaigrette dressing recipe in which I used to marinate the pepper salad. I love salad but every now and then, I need a break from lettuce.
For this recipe, you will need:
- 1 large red bell pepper neatly sliced and stemmed
- 1 large green bell pepper neatly sliced and stemmed
- 1 large orange bell pepper pepper neatly sliced and stemmed
- 1 large yellow bell pepper neatly sliced and stemmed
For the balsamic lemon thyme vinaigrette, you will need:
- 1/4 cup of balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 cup of lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried thyme
Combine peppers in a salad bowl. In a small bowl, whisk ingredients for the vinaigrette well. Pour over peppers and toss till well mixed. Cover salad bowl with plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigerator for at least an hour. Serve.
Yields 4 servings