It may look decadent and taste decadent but the ingredients are not decedent. It took me a bit some time to perfect this vegan chocolate fudge tart though. There are several facts you need to know about this chocolate berry fudge tart recipe:
- It is considerably healthier than the original chocolate berry fudge pie recipes I’ve seen. I use low fat milk instead of heavy cream which does not compromise on the texture and flavor in any way. You can expect a silky and fudgy pie.
- It is healthier than it tastes and much lower in calories too. If you are looking for ways to include more berries in your diet or convince people to eat more berries, this healthy chocolate berry fudge pie is perfect for you. You don’t need to add sugar as the berries and chocolate exude enough sweetness.
- It is also a no-bake chocolate pie recipe making it much easier to make and prepare.
- The ingredients are minimum. It is not labor intensive and therefore doesn’t require much effort.
- Aside for my vegan chocolate silk pie, this chocolate berry fudge tart recipe is on the top of my favorite chocolate pie recipes.
Considering that hubby has an unexplainable aversion to fruit, he claimed that he couldn’t taste the berry puree in the pie. I suppose that can be accounted towards progress. Regardless, I hold by that this healthy chocolate berry fudge pie is a winner. Cool and creamy, you’ll love indulging in my lightened version of chocolate berry fudge tart recipe. You can make this no-bake pie recipe ahead of time as it needs time to set and chill. Decorate with fresh berries if you have any and dust with unsweetened cocoa powder for an elegant touch and extra antioxidant boost. I do warn you that this pie is very rich so I don’t recommend you cut yourself a huge slice.
For this recipe, you will need:
- 8 inch prepared pie crust in a tart pan
- 2/3 cup of any pitless fresh or frozen berries of your choice
- 300 grams of bittersweet chocolate
- 1/3 cup of low fat milk of your choice
- Scant 1/8 teaspoon of salt
- 5 grams of agave nectar (if you don’t think the pie is sweet enough as it is)
Place chocolate in a bowl. Heat milk up in a sauce pan till sides slightly bubble. Pour over chocolate and let it rest for 2 minutes before whisking. Puree berries in a blender till smooth. Strain seeds with a sieve. Pour berry puree into chocolate mixture. Add salt and agave nectar. Mix till well incorporated. Pour chocolate berry mixture into prepared pie/tart crust. Cover with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for 6 hours or overnight.
Yields 8 servings